There is not a more enjoyable way to get around town than with the best cruising longboard. This board is specifically designed for taking wide turns, going the distance and making the rider feel like they are surfing through the streets.
Skateboards, in general, have a lot of specs to consider, especially when each rider has a different style and preferences. Choosing a longboard is no easier.
To make sure you are only looking at the most important information, we have created this guide so you get the best board for your money and style.
Keep This In Mind When Buying a Cruising Longboard
The shape of the deck that you choose will have an effect on the way that you ride, making it the most important factor to consider. These are the different deck shapes for the best cruising longboard options:
- Flexible Drop-Through. These boards are lower to the ground and therefore offer more stability for the rider. This also makes them easier to push on flat surfaces. This kind of deck shape also allows for greater flexibility, which means longer rides are not as uncomfortable.
- Traditional. This is a medium-length board that is popular because it comes in a smaller size but still has some of the cruising or flexible qualities that you would expect from a longboard. The most appealing feature of this shape is that it includes a kicktail. This makes it easier to control movement and navigate sidewalks.
- Commuter. These are top mounted boards that give the rider a lot of control and flexibility, making them the best for carving. Due to the wheel placement being right at the ends of this deck, the commuter shape is also more stable than the traditional option.
Top 6 Cruising Longboards Chart
|1. Atom Drop-Through Longboard||41 inches||$$$$||4.6|
|2. Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail Longboard Skateboard||40 inches||$$$||4.5|
|3. Rimable Drop-through Longboard||41 inches||$$$$||4.4|
|4. Quest Skateboards Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard||44 inches||$$||4.3|
|5. SCSK8 Professional Speed Drop Down / Drop Through Complete Longboards||41 inches||$||4.3|
|6. Yocaher Professional Speed Drop Down Stained Complete Longboard||41 inches||$$||4.0|
What Makes a Good Cruising Longboard?
Aside from the shape of the board, there are important questions to ask yourself about how the board will be used in order to determine which specifics are best suited for you.
- Will You Be Cruising for Longer Distances Without Interpretation or Weaving Through Crowds? This will effect the length of the board that you choose. Shorter boards and the traditional shape give you more control when going through a crowd. For any easy cruising then the length of the board is completely down to personal preference.
- How Much Do You Weigh? This will determine how much flex you should get in the board and this will be different depending on the different board makers.
The board will come with a certain amount of flexibility or stiffness but you need to make sure this will be compatible with your size. The best longboard for cruising is the one that gives you leverage for control without being so stiff that it is uncomfortable.
Top 3 Best Cruising Longboard Reviews
One of the most attractive features of the Atom Drop-Through longboard is that it is ultra-low riding, which means it is more stable than other boards. This also makes it a great board for any downhill riding.
The maple laminated deck is durable but also has the give and flexibility that you want from your board. Aside from that, the design is incredibly sleek and the green gives it a great look too.
The unique shape of this board and the wheels make it great for pushing, cruising and even cutting tighter turns too.
The Quest Native Spirit Kick Tail is a lightweight but durable longboard that is perfect for beginners and advanced skaters alike. The smoothness and responsiveness of the board make the ride really pleasant.
What makes this the best cruising longboard is the shape and overall design. The materials also contribute to being able to easily manipulate this board and enjoy more relaxed cruising too.
The low price and the pattern make this is a great buy considering the incredibly low price. This is also a good board for different size riders too.
The Rimable Drop-Through longboard is great for experienced riders that want control and cruise all in one great board. This board comes in a really vibrant design too that definitely will make you stand out.
The wheels have great spin on them so you can get up to a good speed when you want to. It is comfortable for cruising around town and riding long distances too.
The dimensions of this board are good for riders of various sizes too. It has a quick turning radius and has flexibility so that the rider can really move as they want and the board will follow.