You love sports, but you love your teeth too. You’d hate to see some of them get knocked out just so you can pursue your love of the game, and you definitely don’t want to face a hefty dental bill when there’s a cheap alternative.
For just a few dollars, you can protect your choppers while you’re in action and we will help you find the best mouth guard here in our guide.
Learn what details to pay attention to as you shop and find out what we thought of the top three mouth guards on our list in the Review section.
Top 10 Mouth Guards Chart
|Picture||Name||Type of fit||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||Type of fit||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Impact Branded Limited Edition Custom Professional Sports Mouthguard||Custom fit with an impression kit||$$$$||4.7|
|2. Redline Sportswear Mouthguard w/ Vented Case - Protection For All Contact Sports||Boil and bite||$$||4.6|
|3. Battle Limited-Edition Oxygen Lip Protector Mouthguard||Standard size – one size fits most||$$||4.6|
|4. Power Play Mouth Guard. Best moldable strapless single mouthguard for sports||Boil and bite||$||4.6|
|5. Battle Oxygen Lip Protector Mouthguard with Connected Strap||Standard size||$$||4.5|
|6. SISU 1.6 Aero Guard||Hot water and bite||$$$||4.4|
|7. Venum "Challenger" Mouthguard||Boil and bite||$$||4.2|
|8. SISU 2.4 Max Guard||Boil and bite||$$$||4.2|
|9. Venum Predator Mouthguard One Size||Boil and bite||$$$||4.2|
|10. ArmourFit Under Armour UA ArmourFit8482; Mouthguard Medium Royal||Microwave||$$||4.2|
Why Do I Need a Mouth Guard?
Whether you’re an athlete or the parent of an athlete, you’ll want to invest in a good mouth guard. Mouthguards can protect your teeth from chipping or even being knocked out. They can also stop your lips from being injured and protect your tongue.
A surprising number of sports can cause injuries to the mouth, such as baseball, basketball, hockey, wrestling, soccer, skateboarding and more.
Choosing Mouth Guards
With so many alternatives out there, how do you know the best mouth guard for you when you see it? What should you look for? Here are some of the factors you should consider when looking for a mouth guard.
- Thickness. You need more than just a cool-looking mouth guard – you need one that offers superior protection. If the material of the mouth guard isn’t thick enough, you might as well not be wearing one at all. For best protection, you need to make sure you have at least 4 millimeters of material guarding your front teeth and any key impact zones for the sport you are playing.
- Comfort. You’ll want to feel comfortable while wearing your mouth guard. If you go for too thick of a guard, you’ll be giving up some of the comfortable feeling, while not getting much additional protection. That four millimeters might be as thick as you’ll want to go when it comes to comfort.
- Appearance. If you feel like you look stupid with your mouth guard in, you won’t want to wear it. Choose one that makes you feel like a beast out there on the court or field. Sometimes a fierce-looking mouth guard may be just enough to make you feel invincible out there.
- Proper fit. Your mouth guard has to be able to fit your mouth – even any dental irregularities you may have. You might have to try a lot of mouth guards out before you find one that works for you. It should be snug, and should never shift all over your mouth when you’re using it.
- Durability. If you tend to be rough on your mouth guards because you chew them up like a dog with a bone while you’re playing, you need one that can stand up to that kind of punishment.
Top 3 Best Mouth Guard Reviews
You’ll pay more for this mouth guard, but you’ll be getting a customized fit with it. This guard comes with an impression kit, so you’ll take a mold of your teeth. Then you just send it away to the dental lab with the prepaid postage label you’re given, and you’ll receive a guard that is guaranteed to fit perfectly.
This guard offers a variety of sizes to fit youth athletes or adults of either gender. This mouth guard will give you all the protection you need, but it won’t feel clunky in your mouth.
This is a serious duty mouth guard, with a thickness of 5 millimeters. That’s thick enough for heavy duty blows to the mouth, but the guard still lets oxygen in and gives you the ability to speak enough to communicate with teammates or coaches while you’re in the game.
People who are worried about their health might be glad to know that this guard is made in America and is BPA free.
This Redline mouth guard comes with a vented case and gives you the choice of six colors to select from, which means you’ll have a great chance of finding a mouth guard that goes with your team’s colors. The vented case will help keep your guard clean between uses and because the ventilation will help your mouth guard dry out, it’ll cut down on harmful bacteria.
You’ll be protecting more than your teeth with this guard – it’ll also safeguard your gums and lips in case your game turns more physical than anticipated.
The guard uses a boil and bite method to give you a molded fit, and the design won’t block effective breathing for when your game increases in intensity.
It’s BPA-free, and those who suffer from allergies to latex can still use it because it is latex free as well.
Those looking for the best mouth guard won’t want to overlook the Battle limited-edition lip protector guard. This mouth guard will draw attention to you with 8 eye-catching designs, ranging from fangs to the American flag.
These are for the players who like a little bit of flair when they’re showing off their talents. The giant hole in the lip protector will ensure you’ll get enough oxygen to be able to perform all the tricks you’ll need to.
Adults or kids with braces will be able to wear this mouth guard too. If you hate the boil and bite process of fitting mouth guards, you’ll be pleased this guard doesn’t use that technology. Instead, it’s a one size fits most mouth guard.