Manual treadmills offer a unique challenge for both advanced and beginner runners. This specific kind of treadmill offers more control for the user and provides an experience closer to what many would be used to when running outside.
There are fewer features and things to consider with a manual treadmill, but this means that every aspect of this one needs to be scrutinized even more. Each aspect of a manual treadmill needs to be perfect for the walker or jogger in order to provide a workout that is enjoyable and without risk of injury.
What to Take into Consideration
- Storage. How easy will it be to put the treadmill away? Consider where you will be storing the treadmill when it is not in use and buy accordingly. The best manual treadmill is one that can be folded away.
- Incline. If you would like to vary your workout then you will need a manual treadmill that allows you to change. This includes having the variation of incline that your routine requires.
- Belt. Runners and walkers should examine the belt width and resistance for personal comfort. When choosing these aspects there is no right or wrong just what feels right for the user.
- Deck. You should consider the flexibility of the deck and the length based on the intensity of your workouts.
- Additional Features. Some machines have hand pulse sensors and electronic tracking. Not all manual treadmills have these features so they should be something to look for if they are important to you.
Top 6 Manual Treadmills Complete Chart
|1. Confidence Fitness Magnetic Manual Treadmill||52.1” Length|
|2. Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill||46.5” Length|
|3. ProGear 190 Space Saver Manual Treadmill||47” Length|
|4. Weslo CardioStride 3.0||53” Length|
|5. Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill||47” Length|
|6. Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill||46” Length|
The Benefits of Buying a Good Manual Treadmill
- Choosing a manual treadmill rather than an electrically powered one means the athlete is more in control of their workout. When you are able to control the speed of your workout, the resistance and the incline, much like you would when you run outside, then you are able to better control the results.
- The lower price of a manual treadmill is a huge draw. As they do not require the power or have the huge number of electrical features as other treadmills they are much cheaper.
- The best manual treadmill machines do not make as much noise when you use them. For those that like to get their run or walk finished first thing in the morning, this is possible without waking the entire household.
3 Best Manual Treadmill Reviews
The quality of the Confidence Fitness Magnetic is certainly the highest on the market. In terms of workout there is more of an opportunity to get a fuller session on this manual treadmill than on any electric version. The treadmill itself fits into much smaller areas, which also makes it great for any home that is pressed for space.
The display provides the runner with their speed and distance, which means they are able to track their overall progress. For a first timer to manual treadmills, the Confidence Fitness Magnetic is a fantastic start. It will also serve you well as you progress in level and as you grow comfortable using this kind of treadmill.
For an easy alternative to a conventional treadmill, the Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up checks all the right boxes. Especially for beginners, this kind of manual treadmill is very easy to get the hang of; you will be comfortable with the belt in no time at all.
The option for the incline makes it easy to adjust the intensity of your workout. It comes equipped with a monitor that tracks progress to assist in the overall user’s goals. It is a simple model that is easy to assemble and even easier to stow away. For the ideal space saving manual treadmill, the Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up is a solid option.
Whether you are looking to walk or go at quicker speeds, the ProGear 190 Space is sturdy enough to keep up with you. Whilst it certainly gives a firm base to run on, it also remains light enough to be stored away easily.
The monitor that it comes equipped with provides basic read-outs with all of the necessary information. The ProGear 190 Space also has a relatively steep incline and several settings so you can immediately feel the effects of the workout. While the belt does take some getting used to, by the time you have your rhythm you will find that the ProGear 190 Space is a great manual treadmill.