Darts is an incredibly fun game which tests a person’s accuracy and improves hand/eye coordination. Commonly found in bars and pubs, they are a great way to pass time with friends over a few beers, but going to a bar every time you want to play darts can get time-consuming and expensive. A much better solution is to buy a dart board of your own!
If you’re looking to liven up the get-togethers at your place, or if you’re simply a fan of darts and don’t like going to the bar every time for a game, look no further. Our excellent guide will help you get the best dart board for your personal use so you and your friends can play anytime you want!
Things to Consider
Here are a few initial tips to take into consideration before you choose a dart board.
- There are primarily two types of dart boards which provide the best experience: Bristle and Electronic Dart boards. Another popular type is the magnetic dart board which is not recommended as they do not offer the precision and accuracy of either the bristle or electronic dart board. However, they are great for kids.
- Bristle dart boards come in two basic variations depending on price: Staple and staple-free. Metal staples hold the wiring of the dart board on cheaper models where bristle wires are not closely knitted. Sometimes they prevent the darts from going in which is why cheap versions of bristle dart boards are not recommended.
- Electronic Dart boards also come in two variations: Soft-tip and hard-tip. Hard tip models withstand the force from steel-tipped darts without taking damage. But if you’re considering an electronic dart board, a soft-tip model is better as they will last a longer time. And unlike steel-tip darts which are sharp and pointed, soft-tip darts are rounded and safer to use.
Top 10 Dart Boards Ultimate Table
|1. Winmau Blade 4 Bristle Dartboard||Bristle Dart board||$||4.8|
|2. DMI Bandit Staple-free Bristle Dartboard||Bristle Dart board||$||4.8|
|3. ActionDart - Soft Tip Safety Darts and Dart Board||Stipple Dart board||$||4.6|
|4. Darts Connect Online Electronic Dartboard||Electronic Dart board||$$$||4.2|
|5. Viper Hudson Sisal/Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard & Cabinet Bundle||Bristle Dart board||$$||4.2|
|6. NFL Dart Cabinet Set w/ Steel Tip Bristle Dartboard and Darts||Bristle Dart board||$$$||4.2|
|7. TG Champion Tournament Bristle Dartboard||Bristle Dart board||$||4.2|
|8. Viper Shot King Sisal/Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard||Bristle Dart board||$||4.1|
|9. Viper 800 Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard||Electronic Dart board||$$$||4.0|
|10. Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Electronic Dartboard||Electronic Dart board||$$$$||3.9|
Types of Dart Boards
Remember that you have choices when it comes to this type of game and not all boards are created equally.
Here are the main types:
- Bristle Dart Boards. The most popular type of dart board, they are used everywhere from bars and pubs to tournaments and championships. The reason for their widespread popularity is they are made from flexible compressed sisal fibers. This gives them the advantage that when you remove darts from a bristle board, the holes behind them close. For this reason, the board lasts for a long time.
The difference between high and cheap quality bristle boards is due to the quality of the wiring. Cheap boards hold their wiring with metal staples, whereas expensive boards are staple free.
- Electronic Dart Boards. These dart boards is the runner up to the bristle dart board. The main reason for their increasing popularity is that they automatically record a player’s score based on which area the dart board hits. This makes it incredibly easy for playing darts in a group as everyone can enjoy without worrying who scored how much.
The main difference between variously priced electronic dart boards is how densely ‘holed’ they are, the type of games they support and the quality of the display installed. The more holes in the dart board, the more precise the darts will stick. And the better the display, the more scores it will display at once.
Top 3 Best Dart Board Reviews
This is the best dart board you can get. It is staple-free and the wiring around the sectors and dividers are extremely thin, which means you can almost always expect the darts to stick.
But the main thing is the bristle which makes up the dart board. Made of the finest Kenyan sisal fiber, the board is one tough son of a gun. Not only does it admirably stand up against constant abuse from steel-tipped darts, this board also survives the outdoors. As long as there’s a shelter above the board, it will survive heat, cold, snow and even thunderstorms.
With sturdy construction and expert wiring, this is the dart board which definitely deserves a place in your home (or outside of it).
What makes the DMI Bandit such a great dart board is its extremely unique approach to wiring. It has interlocking, thin steel bands which are embedded inside the fibers itself. This, plus its staple-free design, means that there’s only a very small chance of your darts rebounding. In addition, the board also has 10% more surface area, so there is a better chance of your darts going in.
All in all, this board can last approx. 400-600 games which makes the DMI Bandit the best bang for the buck and a serious recommendation for the hardcore player.
Some players just want to have a fun time with darts. So whether you’re thinking of buying one for the kids or just so you and your friends can have a great time, this is the perfect dart board.
What makes this such a great choice, especially for offices and homes, is that its darts are rounded and soft. This prevents players from getting hurt or your walls from being damaged.
The board itself has a stipple system (hundreds of tiny holes) which can hold the darts reliably without any rebounds. This makes it the best dart board for either kids or someone just starting new.
It isn’t as easy to play with as magnetic dart boards, nor as difficult as a professional bristle dart board. It is a perfect combination of both, easy enough to get started yet challenging enough to require a good aim and bit of a force.