The elliptical machine’s popularity is growing fast due to its versatility and benefits. Athletes of all kinds can use this machine to supplement their training with the promise of a great workout that covers more than one aspect of the body.
Since the elliptical trainer is used by so many different athletes of so many different levels, there are many things to consider when choosing the right one. The variety of elliptical machines offered to suit this wide range of users can make it difficult to decide which one will help you optimize your workout and enhance your level of fitness.
The Key Things to Remember
- Goals. Athletes and beginners alike should consider what they would like to get from the machine and what they would like to achieve.
- Research Before You Buy. Finding out which brands are the most reliable can help you find the best elliptical machine.
- Test The Equipment. Regardless of whether you are going to buy an elliptical trainer in a store, from a retailer or order one online it is essential that you test out the one you are considering buying. This can be done in a store or at a gym that uses the same machine. Testing the machine in the manner you would be using it is the only way to tell if you like the way the equipment works for you.
- Users. It is often the case that a family will purchase an elliptical that will have many users. The different levels and goals of the users is something to consider.
- Places To Buy. There are plenty of places to buy the equipment. When deciding whether to buy from a fitness store, a retailer or from the manufacturer, consider which one offers the best deal and only the best elliptical machine.
Top 10 Elliptical Machines Comparison Table
|1. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine||83” Length |
|2. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine||51” Length |
|3. Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine||83” Length |
|4. ProForm Hybrid Trainer||44” Length |
|5. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine||36” Length |
|6. Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer||55" Length |
|7. Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Ellipticals with Pulse||58” Length |
|8. Sunny Magnetic Elliptical Trainer||37.8” Length |
|9. Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat||39” Length |
|10. Body Rider Fan Elliptical Trainer||35.63” Length |
- Smooth Motion. Many athletes use this training machine because it provides the exercise and benefits of running without the impact, making a smooth motion essential.
- Adjustable Incline. This allows for variety in the workout and allows the machine to work for different fitness levels.
- Upper Body Motion. Having both upper and lower body movements involved in the workout can make it more effective for overall training.
- Adjustable Resistance. Differences in resistance allow for interval training and for changes in the difficulty of the workout.
- Programming. The programming features including what the elliptical displays as well as different programmed workouts should fit your needs.
- Noise. The best elliptical machine for home use should be quiet and operate smoothly.
- Forward And Reverse. Being able to use the machine provides variety and challenges for those looking to keep their workout interesting and target different muscles.
- Personal Preference. Buying a piece of equipment for personal use means being in control of all of the features chosen, the movement of the machine and the versatility it will offer for a workout.
Top 5 Best Elliptical Machine Reviews
When it comes to elliptical machines there are generally highly expensive models intended for gyms and ones that are cheap and will break with anything more than a few uses. The Sole Fitness E35 hits right in the middle of these two extremes and encompasses the best of both.
This machine is intended for home use but it is also a more robust model. It actually weighs over 200 lbs. which gives it a sturdy base and prevents excessive noise. The Sole Fitness E35 may be slightly larger than other home elliptical machines but this is wholly due to the quality of the usage.
It tracks all of your training data and has a range of programs for you to choose from. For the professional edge that a gym-quality machine offers in the comfort of your own home, there is no better option than the Sole Fitness E35.
As a large machine the Schwinn 430 gives owners a workout that is similar to the one gym equipment can provide. The extra weight and size means that the entire elliptical machine is robust and is therefore quiet. This is a great extra feature for home use and definitely encourages more use of the machine.
There are plenty of extra features with the Schwinn 430. In terms of electronics, the elliptical is able to plug in a smart phone and has a USB port. The machine is equipped with an adjustable fan, which is a great added touch.
It also has a large display monitor, which is easy to use during your workout. In the system you are able to log two individuals and keep track of your progress. This can be done through Schwinn Connect, which is provided by Schwinn to link your workouts.
For a workout at home that still holds up to the high standard of more serious athletes, the Schwinn 430 is a well recommended option.
For an excellent solid workout the Sole Fitness E95 is a highly competitive elliptical machine. It has a heavier flywheel than other models and this means it is able to take a great deal more strain. As such, this machine is more geared towards more intense workouts over a longer period of time.
Due to its weight and size it is also one of the quietest machines on the market. It does take some intricate assembly but if the instructions are followed carefully then the Sole Fitness E95 will stand solidly throughout many workouts for years to come.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is great for a middle of the road elliptical trainer. It is a hybrid model and as such comes with the option of setting it up as a bike, which is certainly an added bonus.
It is not as heavy as other machines which means it requires precise assembly to prevent squeaking whilst use. Once the ProForm Hybrid Trainer has been put together properly then it performs faultlessly.
It is a great machine for home use, with a smaller stride than many of the more commercial models. This means it is the best option for people who struggle to use gym equipment due to their height or if they are recovering from an injury. Despite the smaller stride, this ProForm is still a good option for more advanced workouts.
For smaller spaces and a quieter option the Schwinn A40 couldn’t be better. It is also a great investment for those starting off using an elliptical but also for those who want a high quality machine.
The Schwinn A40 comes at a lower price than many other machines but this doesn’t mean it compromises on quality. It is extremely sturdy and is almost silent when put together correctly. As it is a home-use elliptical machine the stride is smaller, but it is just right for anyone under 5’10”.
It has a battery operated display that isn’t backlit, so it needs a room with good lighting. For the price of the Schwinn A40, however, the features and quality of the machine is incredible. For a beginner or someone who is stepping up their fitness routine, this elliptical is a great choice.