Basketball shoes come in a wide variety of colors, materials, designs and ankle lengths. If you are searching for the best basketball shoes for wide feet then you will find this guide useful. When searching for basketball shoes, there are a number of things you should take into consideration.
You should consider the type of playing you will be doing, in addition to the size, shape and structure of the feet. You should also have a good understanding of how to determine the quality of the shoes.
Type of Player
In order to find the right basketball shoes, you need to know what kind of player you are. Are you a power player, an all-round player or a fast player?
- Power Players. Should go for shoes with maximum cushioning and stability.
- All-Round Players. Should go for shoes with moderate ankle support and cushioning.
- Fast Players. Should go for lightweight shoes that also provide moderate support, cushioning and flexibility.
Top 6 Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet Comparison
|1. Nike Jordan Men's Air Jordan 1||Leather and Synthetic||$$$$||4.6|
|2. Nike Hyperdunk||Synthetic and Mesh||$$$$||4.6|
|3. adidas Performance Men's Crazy 8||Textile and Synthetic||$$$||4.6|
|4. adidas Performance Men's Isolation 2||Leather/ Synthetic||$$||4.3|
|5. Under Armour Men's UA ClutchFit Drive 2||Synthetic||$$$||4.2|
|6. AND 1 Men's Rocket 3.0||Manmade||$||4.1|
Things to Consider When You Buy
When searching for the best basketball shoes for wide feet, you should bear in mind a number of things such as:
- Your Playing Needs. When you know your playing needs, you will be able to decide on the right shoes to buy. You will be able to make your choice of cushioning, support and flexibility to look for in the shoes. The more flexible the shoe is the less support it tends to offer and vice versa. As such, you need to take into consideration your playing style when deciding on whether or not the shoe you buy should be flexible.
If you need to make aggressive shots then you would do better to steer clear of heavy shoes. Typically speaking, a basketball shoe should weigh about 10 ounces.
- Ankle Length. Depending on your position in the game, you should consider the ankle length of the shoe. Avoid high-top sneakers if you wish to move with speed since such shoes tend to restrict movement. If you make a lot of stop-and-start moves such as jumping and pivoting on the other hand, you will find that high-tops are the best choice.
- Material. When looking at material, forget about the all leather upper material of old. These days, serious players or even wanna-be players are advised to go for lightweight combination uppers. Such shoes make use of the stability and durability of leather while also embracing the breathability and flexibility of synthetic mesh. If your budget allows, you should consider going for shoes with high-tech, all-synthetic uppers, as they are more durable than leather and offer stability in a super-lightweight material.
What to Look for in a Basketball Shoe
- Durability. You don’t want to buy shoes that will only fall apart a few weeks or months later!
- Fit. If you have wide feet, then you should look for shoes that are constructed with natural materials such as leathers and suede. These materials are easier to break-in and stretch over time.
- Outsole. The outsole is the rubber bottom of the shoe. Ideally, it should be flat and moderately wide to help create a stable base while helping prevent ankle rollover.
- Closure Systems. The right closure system should keep your foot snug and secure in the shoe. There are different closure systems in the market: laces which are generally considered great for keeping the foot stable; straps which wrap around the upper arch of the shoe help prove protection against ankle rollover; zippers which are fairly new in the marker and Velcro which are great for younger children who are yet to learn the art of tying their shoes.
3 Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet Reviews
Nike Jordan Men’s basketball shoes are comfortable fitting shoes that are made from leather and synthetic material. They are lightweight and make for great movement on the court. Not only do they look great but feel great as well. As a tip though, you might want to buy a shoe size that is half an inch more than your regular size if you want the shoe to fit well minus hurting your feet.
It does boast of light cushioning to make for impressive moves. In addition, you get to enjoy a comfortable midsole that provides responsive support. Thanks to their beautiful design, you can comfortably take them to court and off the court with ease.
Nike Hyperdunk 2014 Men’s basketball shoes are lightweight, comfortable shoes made from synthetic and mesh material. The material used is very durable and offers breathability. They come with a rubber sole and a wide range of neon color choices to suit different peoples’ styling needs.
With these shoes, you get to enjoy a wonderful Linarlon midsole cushioning, which is not only soft but responsive as well. In addition, the cushioning helps you maintain stability in your moves.
The molded heel counter is great for providing additional lockdown. These are very comfortable shoes to play in and don’t have many negatives attached to them. One downside could be that the breathability may not be as great as advertised as they may get warmer than expected.
Adidas is in the business of making high quality shoes and this adidas performance men’s crazy 8 basketball shoe is no exception. The material used is synthetic and textile while the sole is made from rubber.
The synthetic material used offers a lightweight and durable advantage. The inside of the shoe is comfortable thanks to the textile insole. The adidas performance men’s crazy 8 basketball shoe offers great performance to the player thanks to the PUREMOTION midsole feature. This helps ensure that the natural stability, efficiency and rapid reaction time are as you would get when on bare foot.
The design is exceptional and the colors are many to suit different people’s styling needs.